26th Annual ASQ Audit Division Conference
Blueprint for a Successful Audit Program:
Acknowledge the Past – Embrace the Present – Prepare for the Future
Participating Divisions of ASQ
Call for Papers and Tutorials
Pre-conference: October 9 – 11, 2017
Conference: October 12 – 13, 2017
Responses are due May 30, 2017
Please download the Call for Papers by clicking
Successful audit programs do not happen overnight and certainly do not happen without thoughtful planning and execution. In order to develop a successful audit program you need a “Blueprint” for the future.
Items to consider include:
• Educating the audit team to inform and improve their work
• Sensing emerging risks by using key risk indicators to uncover areas of exposure
• Preparing management for risk assessments with key questions for discussion
• Learning from the past by embracing lessons learned and not repeating failures
• Applying acquired knowledge and expertise to the present
• Staying abreast of new, emerging ideas, tools, and processes to prepare for the future
For the 2017 conference we are looking for presentations that provide interaction and active learning. Attendees should leave each session with tools they can use immediately, and for future audit planning. For the right presentation we will extend the normal 45 minute session to an hour or more. Areas of interest include:
• Lessons learned from the past, positive and negative
• Applying knowledge and expertise to the present
• Preparing for the future by looking ahead
We are also soliciting abstracts for one, two and three day pre-conference tutorials and workshops to be held on October 9-11, 2017 that are consistent with this year’s conference theme. Your proposal should be a maximum of two pages, and should demonstrate how the tutorial will benefit the attendees or target audience and enhance their auditing or related quality skills and knowledge. Printed brochures will not be considered.
[Please use the 2017 ASQ Audit Conference Call for Papers (“Technical Presentation and Panel Submission”) form to submit your session proposals. Ensure you complete the form in its entirety. If something is N/A; please put N/A.)] All accepted speakers will be notified by July 1, 2017.
Only one (1) complimentary conference registration will be awarded per session or tutorial. Each presenter will be responsible for their own hotel, transportation arrangements and expenses.